Dating, Remarriage, and Blended Families with Allison Orlovsky
In this interview, we talk to Allison Orlovsky about relationships and dating, blended families, and remarrying on your own terms after divorce.
If you’re diving into the world of dating, relationships, and merging families, you’ve gotta hear our conversation with Allison Orlovsky. Allison is a relationship coach who is now happily remarried after her journey through single parenthood.
Allison’s story is one of resilience, self-discovery, and growth.
Key takeaways to listen for:
- Personal growth and self-discovery is key to creating that successful relationship you’re craving. Allison has seen that the key to creating a successful relationship is in doing the personal work herself.
- You don’t need to be in a relationship to be happy. We love how Allison affirms that being single is a huge opportunity for personal growth.
- How to recognize unhealthy patterns in relationships. Allison’s experience with a narcissistic man in her first marriage helped her recognize (and avoid!) toxic behaviors that many people might justify or ignore.
- Dating is a tool for understanding what matters in a relationship. Allison views dating as an experiment to learn more about herself and what she values in a partner.
- A healthy relationship is a partnership. Allison’s current relationship is a testament to the importance of having a partnership where both parties can challenge and grow with each other.
- Modelling healthy relationships for our kids. We talk about how we are our kids’ model or how healthy relationships happen.
“We think as parents that it’s about what we say and what we do, and I actually say the most important part of being a parent is who we’re being, how we’re up in the world.” – Allison Orlovsky
Ready to dive deeper into Allison’s story and learn more about her journey? Tune in to this episode to hear more about Allison’s experiences, insights, and advice.
Thanks for listening! If you’re loving Single & Mighty, we’d love to hear from you! Please leave a review and share the show with single parents in your life.
Get Single & Mighty by Email
Sign up for email updates from Single & Mighty.